My Mother-in-Law, Gig, had a birthday this week. Unfortunately we missed our opportunity to make her feel special and loved on her actual birthday and both Allan and I REALLY regretted the oversight!! I decided that a birthday post is better late than never right?!?
There are many reasons to love this lady. One of the first things I could tell about Gig when I met her seven years ago is that she loves her family and is one of the most dedicated mothers I have ever known. She truly takes interest in every details of her children's lives. She is someone that I truly admire and strive to be like when it comes to being a mommy myself. Another things I love about Gig is that she is one of the most generous people I have met, not just with material things, but with her attention, time and heart. She can make anyone feel welcome and at ease in an instant. I truly admire that quality, it is something I have to work on. The title that she is probably most proud of and is phenomenal at is being a Mimi to her grandchildren. Seriously, Claire and Jacob are more blessed than they will ever know to have a Godly woman who loves them so unconditionally and truly would do anything for them. I am floored by the love she showers on them (and Jacob is not even here yet).
Gig, anyone who knows you would say that it is a true honor. You are an amazing woman, a true role model for me and your other family members. I hope this a great year for you and I am thrilled to be giving you not just another grandchild, but a grandson. We look forward to making many many more memories over the next many years. Happy birthday Gig, sorry it is a few days late.

4 comments:
That's a sweet post. I've only met Gig once but she really is such a sweet person and so easy to sit and talk to. And I love the way she showers you all with blessings.
I'm sure your kind words made her day.
What a sweet post! Yes, the time I met Gig and one of Allan's sisters they were both so engaging and fun to talk to. It's such a huge blessing to have a great relationship with your mother-in-law.
And as far as being late with this post... I think being 9 months pregnant is a great excuse for anything!
I'm sure this was a blessing to Gig to read of your love and honor for her Em. Sweet.
Post a Comment