Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Honest Scrap

My friend Krista just gave me a blog award and so here is the deal...now I get to share 10 honest scraps about myself. There isn't a whole lot that you all don't already know about me, but I will see what I can do.

  1. I am starting sewing lessons tomorrow and I am excited and nervous all at the same time. I have a tendency to fail at creative projects and I would really love not to fail this time
  2. I LOVE the show Glee and I kind of wish that people would break out in song in real life
  3. I had my first panic attack on the side of a mountain in CO the summer of '98 and then didn't have another one until I was about 20 feet underwater in '08. Sadly, I have had quite a few very mild ones since then.
  4. I think that it would be cool to run a half marathon
  5. I dream of going on a mission trip and working with women and children in Africa
  6. Two things that annoy the heck out of me are whiny voices and smacking, both of them turn me into an evil person that wants to knock you off your feet (and not in a good way). Thankfully I posses a little self control, I have yet to hit anyone yet ;)
  7. I rarely have motivation to get off the couch unless there is something fun to do, seriously. I hate this about myself.
  8. I never knew I could be so desperately in love with my kids. I sometimes tear up just looking at them. Even on the really hard days I would die for them and I know that I am not finished having babies (I wouldn't mind two more).
  9. My obsession with pop culture has dwindled to almost nothing. I am perfectly satisfied reading my People magazine every week. I used to watch enews every night and read about celebrities online throughout the day.
  10. I have a little dream of getting my closest friends from each part of my life together for a beach weekend, but I doubt it will ever happen since we are all super busy with our own lives and families. I just think it would be great for all the people I think are so wonderful to meet.
ok so know it is time for me to pass it on I am giving the Honest Scrap award to:

Kate- These Are The Days
Hannah- The Crunchy Chronicles
Randi- Dukes and Duchesses
Leanna- Leanna's Little Spot of Cyber Space
Allison- A King, A Queen, and A Jack

Feel free to write your own ten pieces of honest scrap. Let me know if you decide to do it.

7 comments:

Leanna said...

You're taking a sewing class? Where at?? Posted mine for you!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Regarding #1 - you're not going to fail!!

Regarding #2 - I felt the same way after watching Mamma Mia.

Regarding #10 - a great idea but only if I'm one of those people who gets invited. :)

Anonymous said...

First, GLEE is the greatest show on TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second, sewing lessons should be really fun. A few things to remember about sewing: it requires a learning curve, lots of practice, and tons of patience. Don't expect perfection at first and make sure you buy a seam ripper. It's the single most used tool in my sewing room, even after years of sewing and design school.

I can't wait to hear about your sewing classes. I've thought that it might be fun to teach sewing classes in a party setting like jewelry parties.

Elizabeth said...

At first I thought you were taking SWIM lessons, and I had to laugh. No, Randi is an amazing teacher. You will do well!

And hey, I'll break out in song with you anytime you want! :-)

Mama Jeannie said...

This is funny Em... just as I read this post, one of our football coaches, Dino Babers, was loud-singing down the hall "Mamas don't raise your sons to be coaches [instead of cowboys]. He's so funny and really does break out into song... alot. Makes everyone smile when he does it. Wish I was that bold. I will start looking for some sewing supplies for you. So glad you are going to do the sewing thing. I think I would've stuck with it if I'd had a place to leave my projects out and my sewing machine set up, but moving the whole thing everytime we had to set the table got old. Suggestion: Find a place just for sewing that can be closed off from little curious hands. Tiny fingers have been known to get caught underneath sewing needles. OUCH!!! Also, it'd be a shame to almost finish something and have some little munchkin cut the pockets off. Your Aunt Stella actually did that to a little dress Gma made for her way back in the day. I think she was 2 or 3 years old at the time.

Debi said...

Emily,
Your comment was encouraging, thanks for taking the time. Homeschooling's what did it for me - the thought of my kids having LOOK at their 'teacher' all day long ... motivated me to get dressed. Plus, in current culture pj's are clothes and clothes are pj's ... that's just wrong. :) Soon enough, your little girl will let you know if you're not dressed 'right' - she may already be doing that. Hannah said she's a doll!!

Allison said...

Emily, I'm so honored! It may take me a little while but I'll surely post my 10 Honest Scraps. Thanks.