Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Oklahoma

We spent a few days with my sister and her family last week in Oklahoma and it was so much fun! I just love spending time with her and the freedom of being in the country. The kids picked blackberries, chased Loki the dog and Mary the cat, rode horses, dug in the dirt, and searched for bugs. They all got bug bites and totally dirty everyday, but that just added to the adventure. Every time I am up there I think how much I would love to live in the country, but just a little closer to a big city ;)
I love to watch Asher be ALL boy and Claire be a princess tomboy together. They mesh pretty well for the most part but occasionally have to be separated when he is in a sword fighting mood and she is in a mommy mood. Claire said when we were heading home the other day, "I just love my little Ash-Man, he is hilarious!"...I couldn't agree more. Ainsley seemed so much older on this trip and warmed up to Jacob being in her space. She is getting more and more funny everytime I see her too, it is unbelievable that she is coming up on her 2nd birthday in just a few months.
Asher definitely wins for the best outfit of the weekend. He is dressed as a musketeer, just in case you were wondering. Ainsley is all about being like the big kids and one of the mornings we were there she found one of Claire's (clean) pull-ups and put it on over her diaper and PJ shorts. She wore this outfit all morning, it was hilarious. Jacob has never been so dirty in all of his life. He dug in the dirt and scooted around on the porch. I love the picture of his super dirty bottom.
The highlight of Claire's trip was the horses that they have out at the camp for the summer. She has been obsessed with horses for the last two years and this was her first time to get to ride on a BIG horse. She was in HEAVEN!!! Asher took a ride around the pen too and Ainsley even sat in the saddle for a photo op. Jacob was bouncing up and down begging for a ride, but I decided that may be a better thing for him to do next year.

It was so great to be up there with them and I hope that we can make it out there again next month for a weekend so that Allan can enjoy watching his kids enjoy the country as well. Thank you Sara and Beau for letting us crash at your place...we love you!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sara said...

LOVE the pictures and LOVE the way you told about it! I also love what Claire said about Asher on your way home. It was fun! Come back soon! Love you!