Tuesday, June 22, 2010

One Year

The very first moment I held Jacob one year ago I fell madly in love. My son has brought me more joy in his first year of life than I ever thought possible. I am so blessed to be his mama and I could not imagine what life would be like without him in my world.

He has a smile that lights up a room, he loves exploring around our house and becomes more adventurous everyday. There is hardly a food he doesn't like which is evident in his 25+ pounds of squishy love. He started walking just before his first birthday and he keeps me on my toes wandering from room to room. He is pretty easy going, but becoming more and more opinionated and has found his voice to let me know when he is not happy with the choices I am making for him. He still wakes up once a night because he just can't get enough of spending time with me. He will let almost anyone hold him for a little bit, but definitely prefers me and his daddy. He loves his sister and thinks she is hilarious, unless she is loving on him too hard or taking his toys away. He is fantastic!!

I love you so much little man!! Happy first birthday, I am loving every moment of your life and I try not to take the blessing that you are in my life for granted.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

He's such a cutie!

Sara said...

Love that boy!!! Can't believe he's been around for a year now!!!