Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Operation Purge

Allan and I really want to get rid of A LOT of stuff. We have spent the last three years filling up our house with honestly a bunch of stuff we rarely use or need so we decided to start Operation Purge. It will take a while to make our way through the whole house especially if Night 1 was any indicator. We spent TWO HOURS in our closet getting rid of clothes, shoes bags/purses, and a few other things that somehow found its way into our closet. We organized until we couldn't keep our eyes open and we were so happy with the finished product. For those of you who did not see the pit our closet once was this is not a very impressive picture I am sure, but for the rare few of you who have I am sure that you are in awe (ok maybe not awe, but at least thinking "that does look better").

About an hour and a half into the closet cleaning Allan made the comment "It looks great for now, but it will be a wreck tomorrow. We are not really the maintaining type." I thought that I was going to hit him, but deep down I know that he is speaking the truth, or what I hope to be the FORMER truth. I hope that the maintaining will come with this new found desire to simplify. So far we are three days in and going strong. I am thinking that I will blog my way through the purging of Casa de Kavalich for a little accountability.

Wish us luck...we are starting on our bedroom tonight.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

krista said...

It looks awesome! Allan's comment made me LOL and your reaction was even better ;) Good Work!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Bummer - I can't see the photo. Way to go on the purging!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

As soon as I said that the picture showed. :) Great job!

Anonymous said...

I am happy to report that my comments are only representative of our past. It is still looking good babe. - Allan

Sara said...

It looks amazing! Very impressive! You've become the little sister whose footprints I hope to follow. :) Great idea to blog about OP! I will be very interested. :)

Mama Jeannie said...

I am so impressed and I had the privilege of seeing in in person. WOW!! Way to go Allan and Emily. Can't wait to see the next phase. :0)