Tuesday, June 22, 2010

President's Award

Allan was recently awarded the President's Award for his hard work at Southwest Airlines. I am so incredibly proud of him! He has been passionate about the airline industry since he was a little boy and he does his job well. I figure since this is my blog and my very humble husband would never say how amazingly cool it is to win this award I will do a little bragging on his behalf. This award is only given once in a person's career and it is only given to 30-40 people company wide every year. Allan was the youngest recipient this year and definitely has worked for the company the shortest amount of time, most of the other recipients have been with the company 15+ years, Allan has only been there three and a half. As the PA winners were announced their VPs would say a little something about them (i.e. "Susie has a great love of life and is great at customer service.", "Bob found a computer glitch that saved the company 8 million dollars this year.") and the crowd of 1,500 would clap. When Allan's VP introduced him she talked about how committed he is to excellence and how he devised an itinerary plan that made the company over $100,000,000 this last year. There was actually a brief moment of silence, then a huge roar of applause. I could not have been more proud of my husband than I was at that very moment, I even shed a tear or two. It was so wonderful to see all his hard work recognized by the highest of the higher ups at Southwest Airlines. What makes it even sweeter is that Allan would never tell anyone that this was his idea without someone directly asking him about it. He is a man that does his best and looks out for others, even his employer. He is such an amazing man!!

Southwest goes all out for the awards banquet, we had wonderful food, great entertainment (Jason Castro, Seth Meyers from SNL, a dance group some reality TV show, a group called Vocal Trash, and more). It was such a fun night. We both enjoyed getting all dressed up and having our first night away from both kids.
Allan, I love you so much! Thank you for being a great provider for our family, a wonderful example for our children, and super hot in a suit ;) Congratulations on recieving an honor that is well deserved. You may be the first person to win this award twice in your career at this pace...SWA is blessed to have you and I am so glad they know it.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. Congrats, Allan! -Chris Dooley

Jenny said...

Wow! Maybe he can make an itinerary plan for my house! That's awesome!

Courtney said...

Congrats, Allan. You don't know me but we're still proud of you. :-) And by the way, we only fly SWA!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

So proud of you, Allan. What a huge accomplishment! Love the last picture of the two of you.

Sara said...

AMAZING! I'm proud to be his SIL!

Kate said...

Awesome! Congrats to both you and Allan!

krista said...

So awesome. We are proud of you Allan!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sweet post babe and the nice comments everyone. - Allan