Thursday, July 22, 2010

Little Swimmer

Claire has been doing swimming lessons with Mrs. Davis the last two weeks and I am totally in awe of the progress she has made. Michelle was a miracle worker with all of the kiddos. Claire said on day one that she would not be going under water and she fought it for the first lesson and a half, but eventually gave in. She turned into a little fish right before my eyes. Today was her last class and she was swimming the length of the pool all by herself flipping from her stomach to her back the whole way. She is so proud of herself and there is just about nothing better than watching your child grow in self confidence. I am SO thankful for Michelle's sweet but tough love for these little swimmers, she is exactly what they needed.
On a side note...Claire wrote her first letter to Mrs. Davis last night and I CANNOT believe that I forgot to take a picture of it. It said "I love you Miss Davis. Thank you for swimming. Love, Claire" and was decorated with Barbie stickers
Claire had so much fun seeing her buddies everyday for two weeks. She was almost as excited about them as she was about swimming.

No event would be complete at Randi's house without a party. So after the last lesson today the kids had a pizza party and of course Randi made the cutest cake ever to celebrate all the kiddos learning to swim. It was so fun!


2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I loved seeing you every day for swim lessons. I might go into withdrawal!

Amy said...

That is great! I'm SO glad she is learning to swim well!