
I never really appreciated silence until I had children. I also never quite grasped why anyone would want to go on a silent retreat. While I was sitting at dinner tonight and the world was exploding in my ears I only had one thought...I NEED silence!!!! I could TOTALLY use a 24 hour sabbatical at one of those nunneries that offer silent retreats. I doubt that is going to happen anytime soon so until then I guess I will just hide in the closet with a pillow over my head for a few minutes and pray that my sanity returns one day.
5 comments:
When you go on that silent vacation can I join? ;-)
Yep, "mama said there'd be days like this; mama said." :0) You will survive my dear girl. Really, you will!
How many times do young mommies hear this? Nothing new under the sun I say.
ME TOO!
no joke. i got in my car to go get groceries (alone) today and couldn't turn off the radio quickly enough. i needed some quiet...badly.
me too, me too...I want a silent retreat!!! I'm not thinking it's gonna happen anytime soon...! LOL!!! Let's do a movie & martini night instead...LOL!!!
Post a Comment