Thursday, July 22, 2010

Scavenger Hunt

A little while ago I decided that we needed something a little more creative to do with our day so I looked up a scavenger hunt online (I am sure that creative people could come up with a list on their own, but I didn't have it in me that day). It was so fun. We did the indoor list during the heat of the day and the outdoor list that evening. It was a little hard for me not to help her find the "proper" items, but once I let the control go it was so fun to watch her creative mind get to work. The days in the summer can get a little monotonous since it is so stinkin' hot and we can't make it outside all that often, so it was fun to break the mold of coloring, watching TV, and playing dress up. I highly recommend a scavenger hunt to spice your day up when you are a stay at home mom (by the way how sad is that sentence?!?).

2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

How fun!

Amy said...

That's fun! (And that sentence is not sad! Your pre-school scavenger hunt days are numbered. Enjoy them!)