Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Christmas Ornaments
We have a tradition of getting a new ornament the night we put up the tree. I try to pick ornaments that remind them of a memory or favorite thing over the past year. One day when the kids are all grown up and have a place of their own they will take their ornaments with them and hang the memories on their own Christmas tree (sniff, sniff).
This year Allan got a Santa holding up his catch of the day since he had a fun guys fishing trip a few months ago. Claire received a sparkly carousel horse because she loves to ride any carousel we see and the "diamonds" fit her personality. Jacob got a Santa flying a plane because he is already totally in love with all things airplane, just like his daddy.
Allan was a little late remembering our tradition so I didn't get one this night ;) He did surprise me a couple of weeks later with a Snoopy ornament to commemorate our trip to see ICE at the Gaylord Texan which has a Charlie Brown Christmas theme this year and it is very cute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I LOVE your ornament tradition. Such a happy time, isn't isn't it?
We have the same tradition (and have since I was a kid...I'm continuing it now)! :-)
Post a Comment