Monday, December 20, 2010

ICE!

Allan's parents came to town a couple of weeks ago and we had so much fun with them! We stayed busy doing Christmasy things. One of the highlights was going to ICE! at The Gaylord Texan. I have always wanted to go to this exhibit and it did NOT disappoint. This year they had a Charlie Brown theme and the kids loved it. I was surprised that 9 degrees did not feel so bad with those awesome blue parkas. It probably helped that I was chasing two active kiddos the entire time. Claire and Jacob could not get enough of the ice slide and they were able to play on it for about twenty minutes since we went on a weeknight and it was not crowded. One of the things that Allan and I loved was that there was a HUGE nativity completely made of ice and the true Christmas story was being told right there in front of us at a very public place. Also, they openly used the words Merry Christmas. It is sad that these two things are becoming so rare.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: