Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Zoo Trips

I have loved having a membership to the zoo this last year. We have used it a couple of times recently. Allan and I took the kids on a Sunday morning and it was such a perfect family outing. The weather was great, the kids were happy, it wasn't too crowded, and the animals were frisky (thankfully we were able to avoid the birds and bees conversation at the lion exhibit, Claire was happy thinking they were just hugging). I hope we can make a few more trips soon.

One of our other recent trips to the zoo was with Claire's friend Lila. It was our first time to take a buddy for Claire all by ourselves. I LOVED watching these two little friends play and discuss the animals. They had so much fun together! I think their highlights were feeding the birds and riding the carousel. Jacob was with us too, he was just preoccupied in the stroller most of the time ;)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jenny said...

The lions were "hugging"- that's awesome. Have I ever told you about the baboon incident when I was there with my boys? Geez, you learn a lot at the zoo.

Leanna said...

I can't wait to go to the zoo with you guys some day. I can't believe how big Jacob is!

Mama Jeannie said...

:0) Love Claire's perspective of Lion hugs. How funny!

I bet it was so fun watching Claire and Lila have discussing and seeing all the animals. They are such good little girlfriends, aren't they?