
I decided to share our trip in a few installments. I guess I should give you a short version of what all we did on our trip. We had some very memorable moments and we had a lot of time to relax since we were on a very tiny island, Lanai, that has a population of around 3000.
We had a fantastic flight to Hawaii and Claire really adjusted to the five hour time change well. That was a huge answer to prayer. Our rooms were perfect, we actually really enjoyed being in individual hotel rooms instead of a house. We woke up every morning with a beautiful ocean view and most mornings there was a pod of spinner dolphins jumping in Manele Bay. They were my highlight. I actually had the opportunity to swim with them two different days. I was in awe as I watched them swim within ten feet of me. There were quite a few babies swimming with their mommies and they all had such fun personalities as they interacted with each other. It was an honor to swim amongst wild dolphins!
Claire and I had a lot of one on one time while Allan played a few rounds of golf and went shotgun shooting. We really had a good time together feeding the fish in the koi ponds around the resort, doing a couple of crafts, and just exploring the areas around our hotel. Allan joined us for some special family time at the pool and beach as well. He was a good sport and let the four little cousins bury him in the sand. Claire loved the beach SO much more than last year, she even ventured into the ocean a few times.
As always when the Kavalich family gets together there was a lot of good food and champagne. We are blessed to have Allan's parents encourage family time ever year by taking us on such great vacations. The big family highlight of the trip was the vow renewal ceremony that Allan and Gig took part in for their 40th wedding anniversary. It was a beautiful and heartfelt ceremony and we were honored to be there celebrating with them. Claire was one of the flower girls/bridesmaids for Gig and did a great job making it down the aisle. She didn't really understand why she needed to be quite and not run around for the remainder of the ceremony so I spent a good part of it chasing her up a hill. I am glad they had a videographer.
We flew home on a red eye last night, and that is the last time I am doing such a thing for a very long time. Claire was as good as could be expected for trying to sleep on a bright airplane, but overall it was an exhausting flight. I had about an hour of sleep on the plane and an hour and a half nap today. I am really looking forward to laying my head on my own pillow in a couple of hours.
5 comments:
Sounds beautiful ... I love that you swam with dolphins! What an amazing opportunity. Hope you get a great night of sleep tonight.
Sounds like ya'll had a blast! I am so glad that you had the experiance to swim with dolphins...I know want to do that :)
~Elyse~
PS- LOVE the new look
Oh... I forgot to say that I love your hair in that pic.
Yep, love your hair! I wish I could have been with you in HI!!! =)
Post a Comment