There are two large hotels (Four Seasons Manele Bay and Four Seasons Koele Lodge) and one small hotel (Hotel Lanai) on the island of Lanai. All three have their own unique beauty. Manele is what you would picture when you think of Hawaii- clear blue water, palm trees, and hot. Koele is a surprise treat on the top of the mountain- cooler, huge pine trees, lots of topography, truly beautiful. My mom specifically asked for pictures of where we were, normally I do not post a ton of no people pictures, so this post is for you mom.
The view from our room
Sunset from our porch
Manele Bay with our hotel in the background
A morning rainbow
The view from our room
Sunset from our porch
Manele Bay with our hotel in the background
A morning rainbow
The Japanese Garden with a koi pond at our hotel
The Hotel Lanai is right in the middle of the only town on the island, Lanai City. We ate dinner here one night.
This is my favorite hotel, Koele Lodge, becuase you feel like you are in Colorado. The grounds are BEAUTIFUL!!! Claire loved running around up here.
The gazebo and gardens at Koele Lodge
The orchid house at Koele
I took this picture and thought of my Pap, he loved taking pictures of birds. Claire must get her love of birds from him. She chases them anytime she gets a chance.
We went to visit the horses up on the mountain and this was a view down to Lanai City. I loved the colorful roofs that contrast with rustic fence.
5 comments:
LOVE the pictures! The last one is beautiful!!
~Elyse~
I love them all. And I LOVE the bird picture and that it makes you think of Pap. I think of him every time I say the word Hawaii... or "Hawai-ya" as he would say. Oh! I miss him!
Oh, Lanai is beautiful. It's paradise! I'm sure the travel was forever long, but it's gotta be worth it in the end! That's just a part of the world that most of us will never see! How fun to make such great family memories together. I can't wait to see more!!
Absolutely beautiful Em!!!!! I loved every single pic and can hardly wait to see more. I'm amazed at how gorgeous the hills, trees, and flowers are and I thank you for posting the pictures to help us visualize exactly where you were. Do you have any pics of the dolphins? What a memory you all made together. Welcome home Baby Doll.
Oh my goodness!!! I LOVE those pictures!!! I think the mountain lodge is my favorite too. The picture of the gazebo and gardens!!! It's like a Thomas Kinkade painting! And I love that you included Pap in your post. I love him and miss him!!!
Post a Comment