Thursday, January 8, 2009

4 Years


I have been married to Allan for four years today and I am thrilled to say that I can not imagine a better man in the world to share this journey with.

Allan and I had so much fun through our dating years and our first year of marriage. We didn't have a care in the world and did as we pleased. It is easy in times like that to say that life is wonderful and not imagine why anyone would say that relationships are hard and that you have to work to make them last.

Life is still wonderful, but not as easy as we once knew. There have been job changes, moves, and babies. There have been minor trials, but we have stood strong. I cannot begin to tell you how amazing it is to be in a relationship with a man that is committed to our marriage in every way. He has been my rock when things felt shaky for me emotionally. When I have been totally overwhelmed with life as a stay at home mom it has been a true comfort to have Allan by my side. I have never had to worry, not even once, that he was growing too tired of my whining or bad moods and might back out of this deal we made four years ago. I am so blessed. I am honored to be married to a man that is helpful around the house and with our sweet daughter. He really is perfect for me.

I feel like my love for Allan is different than it was a few years ago. It is not all sappy rainbows and skipping through daisies everyday, it is more. It is deeper than anything I could have ever imagined. When I think about what FOREVER means my heart kind of speeds up. It is so exciting to know that I get to have FOREVER with Allan. I get to be with a man that respects me, loves me, makes me laugh, makes me feel at ease, is committed to me and the family we are growing. I get to share life with the man of my dreams until death parts us. I am in love a deeper love than I could have hoped for, a love that I didn't know existed, a love that changes with life but never waivers. I have my prince charming.


Happy 4th Anniversary Sweet Man! I am FOREVER yours!!

8 comments:

Amy said...

What a sweet post!

I remember that day 4 years ago so well. Good, good memories!

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary you two!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Aw, that's such a great post, Emily. Beautiful pictures too. I'm so glad that your love is growing and that you share such depth. Happy anniversary!

Elyse said...

Sweet post!!! Happy Anniversary to you two :)
~Elyse~

Allison said...

Happy Anniversary from Richie and I!

Mama Jeannie said...

Oh Emily! I let your special day get past me, but how wonderful to read again of such precious love. You guys have something wonderful to be sure and I trust you'll be surprised and amazed at how your love will grow yet deeper still as the years go by. Yes, different, but more wonderful than you can imagine. Happy Anniversary Allan and Emily! Love you.

Heather said...

Happy Anniversary Emily! We are so happy for you guys! Have a wonderful time celebrating you're special day together.

Sara said...

Allan is lucky to have you as a wife! And I agree, he IS perfect for you! I love you both!