Thursday, January 29, 2009

Maybe Not So Soon

I was on the phone this morning with Allan when he checked out my blog. He saw the new ticker for Jacob and said he thought we were on the home stretch of this pregnancy, but 140 days seems really long. I see his point. Time seems to be flying by and we feel so much more organized with this pregnancy. When I was pregnant with Claire we moved twice between finding out I was pregnant and her arrival. We didn't have a nursery set up for her until about a month before she arrived. I am still four months out and Baby Jacob already has bedding on his bed (I will share pictures soon). I do feel like he is almost here, but not so much. I am loving making the most out of my time with just Claire, but I am also getting more and more excited about holding my little guy in 140 days or less.

11 comments:

In His Grip said...

Too funny. You are going to love having a little guy around. Remind me to tell you about my newborn boy mistake.

Mama Jeannie said...

Does "In His Grip" mean she thought she was having a boy and had a surprise girl instead? What if...? Well, at least you'll be having more sonograms that will confirm the verdict before your little Jakey or a surprise Sophie gets here.

Kate said...

As the mommy of a boy, I'm willing to bet "In His Grip"'s newborn boy mistake had something to do with a diaper and inadequate coverage. :-) Woohoo--20 weeks, you're halfway there! Can't wait to see pictures of your little guy's room! I like your new ticker!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Four months sounds better than 140 days. Can't wait to see the bedding.

Amanda said...

Wow, you are in the home stretch. Awesome!! As for mistaken gender, it usually goes the other way (thinking it's a girl and finding out it's a boy). Generally, they don't call a boy unless there's an undeniable penis. Surprises happen, but I'd venture to say you're safe.

Can't wait to see his little nursery! Can I check it out in person tomorrow night?

Sara said...

Yea! This pregnancy is going SO FAST (to ME!)! =) I can't wait to see you Saturday! LYLAS!

Jenny said...

OK, Sara always cracks me up with the LYLAS at the end of her comments to you and Amy. I think she use to LYLAS me back in high school!

Back to you, Em... I did notice the new ticker for Jacob. Sounds like a lot when it's written as days, so maybe it's easier to think in terms of weeks or months! Either way I can't believe how on top of things you are! Amazing! I think we'll be doing good to throw together a pack-n-play for our new one. Can't wait to see the baby BOY room! Have you started venturing to the other side of the children's clothing section? Have you noticed that the boy's section is about 1/3 of the girls? Just know, it's very simple with boys: something on top and something on bottom... no tights, hairbows, and all the other crazy accesories. Your time getting him ready each morning will be super quick!

And, I can't wait to hear about the first time you or Allan get christened by your new boy! Get ready to get peed on! My bet is day 2 in the hospital... it's amazing the power those little guys have! All moms of boys can testify to that.

Oh, we're going to have fun with your boy! Thanks for blogging your journey. I love to read all about it!

Courtney said...

It will go by so fast! I'm a little panicky about only having 9 weeks of just me and Clinton. We're really looking forward to the new baby, but I can't help but want to spend as much time with Clinton as possible!

Love that ticker...that's way cuter than what I have. Feel free to share where you got it...

Hope you're feeling good!

Courtney said...

Found where you got the ticker. I'm going to have to change mine...hope you don't mind!

Amy said...

Bedding?!?! You failed to mention that you got the bedding in. I can't wait to see it! BTW, it is only 139 days now. Time flies...

Anonymous said...

Was it 140 days until the due date? Maybe we can shave off a few days if you go with the planned induction.

Allan