Monday, January 26, 2009

Thankful

I have to give a huge bloggy shout out to my mother-in-law, Gig, although she will probably never see it. I think you should all know just how blessed I am. She was just here for ten days and holy toledo was I blessed by her. She is always so generous with her time and thoughtfulness when she comes to visit. She is fantastic Mimi to Claire and Claire loves getting one on one time with her.

This trip imparticular was so great. I have mentioned before that this pregnancy has been a bit rough, especially the back pain I have had. Gig stepped up to the plate big time. She gave Claire her baths, went grocery shopping for us, helped me organize closets, my kitchen cabinets and our office. She helped get a few things together for the baby and rearranged his room. She was constantly straightening the kitchen and helping pick up Claire's toys. She even cooked dinner for us one night. When she saw me picking anything up she was on her feet taking it out of my hands. It was so nice to have someone that wanted to take care of me and make life easier.

Gig, if you ever read this...thank you so much for EVERYTHING! We are so blessed to have you in our lives as a Mimi, Mom, and Mother-in-Law!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Amy said...

Yes, she is a jewel! You are blessed.

Mama Jeannie said...

Oh my goodness! What a huge blessing Em. Maybe when you get all better, you can help her in some of the same ways. Gig is definitely an example of generosity and grace all wrapped up in the love of Jesus. I love her too and I love how she loves my baby girl.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That's so great! I hope she reads your sweet post.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Luke just looked at this and said, "I want to see George" ... he got her name a bit confused. I've corrected him and he's now saying Gig again. :)

Sara said...

I'm so glad y'all got so much done! That's awesome! Sounds almost as good as having a professional organizer come in - that's what I want! =)