So if you have known me for any length of time (especially since becoming a mom) you know that I can get a bit overwhelmed with my life as a house wife/stay at home mom. I just don't have it all figured out yet and from what I hear I probably never will...how encouraging. I think that I will just have to adapt. Anyway, since becoming pregnant this time around I have felt like a sinking ship when it comes to getting my house under control. The clutter was building, the piles of paper and laundry seemed to almost reach the ceilings (that is a bit of an exageration FYI), shelves aren't dusted, and floors aren't clean. Besides feeling like puking for a few months I have had some pretty severe back issues that have kept me on the couch on a heating pad most days and on the days that I would get stubborn and work around here I couldn't walk by the evening. I am not meaning to complain I am just setting the stage for what came next.
I started getting more and more frustrated as I watched my house fall apart and Allan was as gracious as he could be, but he wasn't loving coming home everyday from working outside the home and having to totally take care of everything around here. I wallowed a few days in self pity because I really needed help and nobody was helping me (besides Allan). Then it hit me, nobody even knew I really needed help so I couldn't really blame them for not being here for me. I decided to suck up my pride and ask my mom to please come and help me straighten up around here. At first it didn't look like it was going to work out and that was a huge bummer; then what do you know she and my dad found a time to make it up here and save me from clutter and self pity all in about 24 hours.
New Year's Day I got a call saying they were heading up here and wanted to help me around the house. My dad was a lifesaver in entertaining Claire for hours and my mom just went to work and didn't expect me to be by her side the entire time, she didn't even mind when I needed a break after only helping for a little bit. She put away a box of Claire's clothes that had been sitting in her closet for a few weeks, organized the playroom, cleaned the kitchen and my back porch, and just straightened up any of the other messes she could get her hands on.
Tonight my sister Sara, who is kind of known for swooping in and saving her sisters in their time of need, is coming and asked me to just do all my laundry and leave it for her to fold and put away. She said that anything else she saw that needed attention she would take care of too. I am blessed! I have cried tears of thankfulness for my family who takes care of me and the things that I should be able to take care of on my own but just can't at the moment.
One other side note: Allan gave me a house cleaning for Mother's Day, that is right I said MOTHER'S DAY and every time I tried to set something up it fell through for one reason or another and I had almost given up on cashing in this gift. A few days ago a family friend that reconnected with the "Selke Family" said that she is starting to clean houses and is coming on Monday to clean my house for a very reasonable price. Another answer to prayer for me.
One day I will have it more together (whatever that means) and I will figure out a way to repay the people that have bent over backwards to make my life easier and hold my arms up when I feel like I am drowning. Thank you Allan for being supportive, Mom and Dad for generously giving your time to take care of your babydoll, and Sara for always being there for me. My life would be a wreck without all of you, really! I love you!!!!
9 comments:
Isn't family amazing! I'm so glad you got some help! It must be so frustrating to see things pile up and physically not be able to deal with it! Hopefully your back will feel better at some point in this pregnancy! I'm excited to hear what you are going to have!
Glad you asked for help! Your family is sweet to come in and do what needed to be done. BTW, I vowed never to get a house cleaner... but just after Carter was born and I was taking care of 2 little ones with a hubby gone all the time I changed my mind. I found a very reasonable housekeeper and it has been a life saver! Part of the reason I work part time is to pay for such luxuries! So worth it!
That's so great! I'm glad you got the help you needed. I really wish I had known you needed it ... we could have helped out too. We'll check in on you in the future. I don't think anyone EVER has it all together so don't try to hold yourself to that!
You are indeed blessed! So glad you got the help you needed. It's amazing how quickly things can pile up. I just told James I have to do a mass declutterus around here. As for the laundry -- our piles matched, I'm sure. I really wish I had a mom or sister like yours who would come lend a helping hand. That would be so, so nice.
How are you feeling, by the way?
Glad you have an amazing family! Hope you are feeling better soon and can get back to normal soon as well too!
~Elyse~
Girl, I know how you feel!! Anemia, nausea and sciatica have just about taken me down this time around! So glad to hear you have such great family close by that can help you out....I feel like my house just keeps falling down around me. I'll be thinking of you!
You have an AMAZING family!! Just know that they always have been and they always will be. I hope you begin to feel better. I know while pregnant with my first, I had severe back pain too and there is nothing that seems to help when you feel you need to be doing something else. I'll be think of you an praying for relief for you.
I can totally appreciate needing help and not wanting to ask. But when you do ask , the Lord always provides. I was so blessed by a church friend who came to clean my house while I was pregnant, sick with a sinus infection and working to complete a big project that was due for school. I felt a little sheepish asking but I was so glad I did!
Hope that your back issues will improve soon.
Babydoll, Daddy and I were so thankful we could come help. Glad Sass could jump in too with all the folding and putting away. Hope today was beyond wonderful with someone to do the deep cleaning. Another blog entry I'm sure. You should take pics of your house to document it. :0)
Post a Comment