We went for our followw up appointment at the perinatologist and he reconfirmed that everything looks perfect with our sweet Jacob. This was the most fun ultrasound we have had (except for Claire whining the entire time and Allan not being able to focus at all). Jacob is what made this ultrasound so fun, he put on quite the show for us. He was dancing all over the place, sucked his thumb and held onto his ear, he even pressed his hand up against the little sonogram wand thing and we could see every detail of his tiny hand. His nose looks like mine we all decided. One of the coolest things was when the doctor said "See how fuzzy the back of his head is? That is his hair." he also said that most white babies still have pretty smooth heads at this point so he thinks he will have thick dark hair. That will be super fun! I can't wait to see this little guy in real life in three months. It will be interesting to see if all the doctor's predictions are right...will he have a lot of dark hair, will he weigh about nine pounds (he currently weighs 2lbs 10oz and is 14 inches long), will he have my profile. Whatever he looks like, I am sure he will be perfect to me. The other good news was that he is already head down and probably will not flip back up. He had been breach in every sonogram before this so that was a load off that I won't have to worry about that more than likely.
I was so thankful to have such a good experience today, I needed a little pick me up. To be honest the last couple of days have been a little hard emotionally and really hard physically for me. I have kind of been in constant pain with my back and even my abdomen has been hurting because of how big it is getting and because of a couple of non-threatening abnormalities inside this baby home. I hate that I can't bend over to pick up the messes that my other child leaves all over the house and that standing up in the kitchen to make anything more than a sandwich for my family to eat at night makes me want to cry. I hate that I am not being the wife that Allan signed up for, although I have no reason to think he is frustrated with me he has been nothing but gracious and helpful around here. I do a great job of hiding how uncomfortable I am most of the time because I do not want to be a whiner, it is not who I am. The whole point of this blog is for me to be real though and I don't want to put up the false front that I live my life skipping through daisies wearing rainbows in my hair....I mean who does really. I also want to say that I am thankful that I am pregnant, I am thankful that I have a healthy baby living inside me, and I am thankful that the only real complications I am experiencing is body pain. I know that there are many people out there who would give anything to be in my position. I do not take this blessing for granted, but I sometimes wish I could get to the holding my baby in my arms part.
I want to end this on a fun note, because who really wants to end hearing me say woe is me. We recieved our first big baby gift today via the UPS man, it was our double stroller and I think that I am going to like it. Claire was excited to help "build the stroller" with her daddy. This is going to be getting more and more fun as the time draws near.
**for some reason I can't move the pictures to put them in order...grrrr!
9 comments:
Thanks for being real. I am so sorry that you are struggling physically. Don't be too hard on yourself. You can only do what you are physically able to. No one expects more than that from you...except you :) Hang in there...I know it has to be HARD. I am so glad you got an ultrasound pic today. He's precious! How cute that he was performing for you guys!
I'm disappointed - I thought you were definitely living the daisies and rainbow life. :)
So sorry the pain isn't letting up. I've been praying for you and hope it gets better and not any worse. What do you need help with?
Love the picture of Jacob and I'm so glad everything looks great. Can't wait to see him in real life.
So great to hear all the good news. And I can't wait to meet this dark-haired handsome man!
And I love the first pic and how Allan and Claire have the same look of determination on their faces. =)
Sandwiches never hurt anyone :) Trust me my husband had one each night for about 3 months!!!! As you already know....it is all worth it! I am praying for you!
He's so cute!
Oh, Emily. So sorry you're in pain. I don't think it's complaining. In the words of Paula Abdul, "Hey! It is what it is!" :-)
I really will be praying for good days. With Claire at such an active stage I'm sure it just accentuates how little you're able to do.
So glad you got such great reports on Jacob. Sounds like you'll be meeting a beautiful, BIG boy in no time!
Ditto again. You girls have such sweet encouraging friends and that makes me happy. Really! Sometimes, I feel a bit sad and left out because I'm not close enough to be more involved in your lives, but I am so thankful that my little girls have great girlfriends.
Oh Emily, I love all these pictures. Miss Claire is just as cute as a button and what BEAUTIFUL skin tone she has. Jacob is already too cute too. Thank you for being so real and sharing all your ups and downs. Take care and keep us all posted with all the progress.
I'm sorry you are still having pain! You're not a whiner in the least...body pain in pregnancy is TOUGH, especially when you have another little one to chase after. Glad you're back--I've missed your posts!
Post a Comment