I decided to write about something, or should I say someone who almost always makes me smile. I have not written down some of the funny things Claire is saying adn doing these days.
** yesterday this was one of our conversations:
C: Mommy would like to color with me for one little minute?
M: Sweetie I can't right now I have to go get ready so we can meet Mimi and Cooper at the mall
C: Hmmm, alright see you real soon (said in her best Mickey voice)
**she is still wanting to interact with Jacob as best as she possibly can with a layer of skin and muscle seperating them. here are a few things that she has said to or about him recently.
* Mommy can I just squish Jacob real hard one time?
* Mommy, Jacob IS the boss and he wants some coke. He says I want coke too.
* Jacob just tickled my eye (this being said while laying her head on my tummy)
* When I say "I love you" to Claire her usual reply is "Thanks, I love Jacob"
** C: Mommy, who made all my little fingers?
M: God did.
C: Oh thanks
** her prayers are becoming a little longer and more involved every night which I absolutely love. she has started repeating a few things that we say in our prayers. last night this is what she had to say to Jesus...
"Jesus, thank you for Jacob, thank you for mommy. I love you Jesus. Help me sleep well. Mommy turn off the shadows. Ok, I love daddy. Amen." She follows all of her prayers up with hopping up onto her knees and smiling at me like their is nothing she could be more proud of and then she says "Ok Mommy, your turn".
** yesterday we were at the mall and she was a little hperactive and non-obedient and when I asked her what was going on and why was she being so bad she looked at me with total confusion and said "Mommy, I not being bad, I just being really silly." I think our definitions might be a little different.
** she has started trying to sell her ideas to us, even when she doesn't have to. she will say things like "Mommy would like to come upstairs and play in my playroom? It is so fun, you would love it!" or "Daddy, would you like to play tag your it with me? It is so much fun." usually to emphasize the fun we will be having she is bouncing up and down in front of us and has a bit of a high pitched excitment in her voice and a huge smile.
She has us wrapped around her finger most of the time. She has since birth. I absolutely love everything about her. She keeps me smiling and laughing all day and I am so thankful I do not have to miss any of her little moments, I really am blessed to get to spend everyday with her. Watching her little personality explode out of her is fantastic.
4 comments:
Love all those little Claire-isms. She's a character!
This is great! It is wonderful to document all of this....you never want to forget all of the adorable things they do :)
She sounds so like such a big girl. You are going to have so much help when Jacob gets here. I love all the little conversations. TOO CUTE!!!
I shared all the Claire-isms with my co-worker and thought I had commented back to you. Then I just checked in to read the comments and found out I forgot to write. I love this post Em. Reading the funny things my grandkids say is almost as good as getting to hear them myself. So funny!
Post a Comment