Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sitting and Knitting...

at least if I knew how to knit I could do something productive at this phase of pregnancy.

Contractions have become my new companion at least if I am doing anything productive and that is frustrating.  I have had a week reprieve from the horrible back pain and had big plans for this house of mine that seems to slowly fall apart every day.  Sadly I have started having pretty uncomfortable contractions when I start doing pretty much anything around here.  My OB is not concerned as long as they stop when I put my feet up and drink water...which they always do.  There is the problem, I have to sit down and put my feet up after about ten minutes of working around here...GRRRRRR!

I kind of feel like a lady back in the dark ages that had to get into bed as soon as she started showing and in turn went crazy.  I don't think I am totally crazy...yet ;)  It is just around the corner though.  

No really, I am actually not that concerned about the contractions since they do stop.  I know that it becomes more and more common with each pregnancy.  I will survive and so will Jacob, I am just a bit frustrated at the moment.  I want the dishes to be done, the toys to be picked up, the laundry put away, the clutter to be organized, and the floors vaccuumed.  Well there you have it, my pity party is out there in the open and you were all invited.  I am sure that I will think of something fun and upbeat soon, just not at the moment.

3 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I'm glad the back pain has stopped. Sorry about the contractions. Want me to teach you to knit? :) Maybe you can just work in ten minute increments - work ten minutes, rest ten, work ten, rest ten. Or just rest. :)

S. Brook Bell said...

I know it is frustrating!! but enjoy the rest....trust me, the laundry, dishes and toys aren't going anywhere :)

Allison said...

Look at the bight side... you can always blog while sitting down :) We love reading your posts too!