Last weekend Allan's sisters came to town to meet their newest nephew and be the first to celebrate Claire's upcoming birthday. We had a such a great time hanging out with them for a couple of days and I think that Claire really enjoyed having her Auntie Christie and Auntie Elizabeth all to herself for the first time ever. Christie did Claire's hair everyday in the prettiest braids, gave the kiddos a bath, intensely cleaned our upstairs, took Claire to Build-A-Bear for a special birthday surprise, made supper for us one night, and just genuinely loved on my babies. Elizabeth was here a shorter amount of time, but it was so nice to have her as a guest in our home, Allan was pretty happy when she made him some cookie bars for dessert. She is expecting her third daughter soon and we can't wait to get up there and meet her when she arrives. It was really fun watching them bond with their first nephew (on the Kav. side), I am pretty sure they fell in love. Thank you both for taking time away from your families to spend time with mine, it meant a lot. We loved spending some quality time with both of you!


5 comments:
Great pictures. I've always thought Claire looked like the Selke side of the family but I see a bit of her in her aunts. I forgot there was another baby coming on that side - how exciting!
Precious pics Em. I love that Christie and Elizabeth got to spend some time with all of you. Sounds like Claire had lots of fun with her Aunties and... of course the girls fell in love with little Jacob! How could anyone on earth not fall in love with that little boy? :0)
Wow, YOU could totally pass for one of their sisters!
What a fun time! How nice for them to be able to come out without kids and have some time to just get to know Jacob and spend time with Claire!
I saw a picture of Claire's cake on your sister's blog--that's pretty Martha Stewart worthy if you ask me! That was awesome!
Post a Comment