Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Two Months Already







Jacob was two months old yesterday. I waited to do his monthly post until after our doctor's appointment today so I could have official proof of what a little chunk I am raising. He is literally off the charts for weight, he came in at a whopping 15 pounds 11 ounces and was in the 75% for height at 23 inches. I cannot love on my big little guy enough, every ounce of him (and there are a lot of ounces) is fully loveable!



This has been a fun month. We continue to find ways to get out and about almost everyday. I think that keeps us all a little more sane. Jacob has starting smiling a lot and "talking" like crazy. He is especially happy and interactive in the mornings. He is eating often, obviously, and still wakes up three times a night. I am really hoping that part changes soon although those are sweet times with my boy. Thankfully he is a fast eater and goes right back to sleep with no problem. Jacob can spit up with the best of them I tell you. I would post a picture, but it is a little gross. I am getting used to us both smelling and our clothes being crusty so we just go through two or three outfits a day instead of four or five. I was getting tired of doing so much laundry ;) He is so strong too. He holds his head up like a champ and even rolled to his side the other day when he got really excited about the blinds on the window and wanted a better view of them. His days of being left alone on the couch have come to an end. I am becoming more and more covinced that he is going to be my blue eyed boy. He has beautiful big eyes that have not changed color yet. That is a feature he shares with his daddy and I am so glad. I LOVE his dark hair and blue eyes, I used to say that if we had a boy those are two of the features I hoped for so he would look like Allan.



I continue to be amazed how fast time is flying by. I want it to slow down a little so I can just soak in the miracle that is my baby boy. I know that is not going to happen so I will just take what I can get and continue to journal it out on here so I can look back and remember how great this season of life is. There are REALLY hard days for sure, but when I think about how blessed I am to have two healthy kiddos in my care when other families struggle daily it is all put into perspective and I am thankful, truly thankful for Jacob and Claire. I have a great life and I am doing better at keeping that in mind most days.

6 comments:

Mama Jeannie said...

Precious post Emily. I love how you are seeing the blessings of your babies and your life. God is so good, isn't He? I love getting to see your chunky boy and your happy girl so much!

Anonymous said...

He is getting big and even more adorable everyday:)

Courtney said...

OMGoodness!! He weighs more than Heidi! That is so funny! Clinton was big like that...ummm, still is. All I can say is, bless your back!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Wow ... so now I can say he's chunky and not even feel badly. Off the charts?? He's half of Lila's weight. He's a linebacker. A very cute one!

So glad you're enjoying these times.

Alicia said...

Holy Cow! Your little man is not so little! I had just read Courtney's post on Heidi's 4 month stats and Jacob has her beat by ALOT! I must say...FAT BABIES ARE THE BEST! You are so sweet about your children. Can't wait to see what color his eyes turn out to be!

Kate said...

He is so cute!!! I can't believe how big he is getting!