Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Waco Day
Last week, August 6th to be exact, we went to surprise my mom and spend some time with her for her birthday. We went to her office and then headed to lunch on the river. We spent the afternoon out at my parent's house. I always love going "home", I wish that I did it more often. Claire and Asher had fun playing on the screened in porch while Jacob and Ainsley napped. Later that evening we headed over to my brother's house to have a birthday dinner for Mom. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was chaotic...amazing how that happens when you have six kids four years and younger under the same roof. My niece Skyler had fun playing mommy to Claire, she even dressed her up for "princess church" and had her take a nap on the door mat by the front door. Claire didn't seem to mind one bit, in fact she had a great time too. It was a fun fast day trip. We are looking forward to spending a little more time down there this fall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
That was so sweet of you to make that road trip for your mom ... I'm sure you left her with great memories of her birthday!
AAAWWW...I sooo can't wait to be able to do take a day trip to Momma's!
How funny that I went to Waco that day too... and then surprised your mom at her work on Friday when touring the new athletic offices. We just missed each other!
Thanks Em for making the effort to be with me on my B-day. I loved having you and the kids around... even with the chaos. :0) LOVE my kids/grandkids so much!!!
Post a Comment