My parents gave the same present to me, my sisters, and my sister-in-law for Christmas- a girl's trip to Fredericksburg for a weekend. This was the weekend it finally worked for all of us to go. I had to miss the first part of the weekend since we had the unexpected trip to Florida, but joined up with the group Saturday afternoon. I had a great time. It was very low key and relaxing and the high point for me may have been getting eight solid hours of sleep for the first time in over a year. I was able to leave BOTH kids with Allan and they had a wonderful time, just for the record.
We shopped up and down Main Street, ate a delicious German meal, stayed up way to late chatting in the cutest little cottage, had a yummy breakfast, and walked around the beautiful Wildseed Farms just outside of town. I really enjoyed the weekend even more than I had planned to and I am really hoping that we can make this Selke Girl's Weekend an annual event.
I am so blessed to be a part of a family that wants to invest time in our relationships and that will take a break from day to day life to get away and just focus on each other and relaxing together even if it is just for two days. I love these ladies so much!!
Thank you Mom for making this trip special and for being the reason we all got together. I love you and I love how you love your girls. It was such a wonderful weekend. I love you!

4 comments:
What fun memories! I can't wait till my sister's, Mom and I can do things like this. Won't be long and we will be doing these with our daughters!
I love us! :)
Love those pictures of you with your mom. So glad it was such a special weekend.
I love you too Em. Thank you for all your sweet words and I am thrilled that you had such a wonderful time. That's what I wanted more than anything; for all of you to have a relaxing and restful fun time.
Post a Comment