We just had one of our most fun trips to California. The older girls are getting to be at such a fun age where they can pretty much entertain themselves with the occasional refereeing by a parent. It is so fun to watch them become friends. We all wish that the trip would have been longer. The first thing Claire said when we got off the plane in Texas was "I want to go back to Mimi and Papa's house, it is my favorite, and I don't like our house because it isn't fun." I think we all felt the same way. I am very blessed with in-laws that help us feel as if we are on vacation when we visit. There was a lot of time spent in the pool, cooking out, playing out in the backyard and in the Bird's Nest. Mimi of course had things to make cupcakes and a lot of fun surprises for the girls and Jacob. The weather was AMAZING! It was the perfect break from this Texas sweat box that we live in during the summer. Thank you so much Allan and Gig for a fantastic few days, we love you!!
The pool was by far the highlight of the trip for all of us. We spent many hours splashing and swimming and floating and laughing and dreaming of the day we will have a pool in our own backyard.

I loved how active the kids were the entire time we were at Mimi and Papa's house. There is so much for them to do and they hardly ever asked to watch TV. The kids loved pulling each other around in little carts on the basketball court and taking turns riding in the jeep. They could all use some driving lessons, Claire almost took my toes off at one point. Mimi is always giving the kids books and reading them stories, I love the picture of her and most of her grandkids reading a book, it is so her.
2 comments:
It looks like you had so much fun. I love that you have such great family times like that.
You and your little family are so blessed to have so much extravagant fun poured out all over you when you visit California. Lots of vacations all year long. Amazing! I hope Claire and Jacob will always have fun cousin friendships with all their cousins near and far.
Post a Comment