(but I probably will, so I better document this stuff while it is fresh in my head)
My sweet Claire is quickly approaching her fourth birthday and she is more and more amazing everyday. I seriously could just sit and listen to her talk for hours, I actually do on most days. I am so thankful for my bright, funny, imaginative, beautiful daughter! There are a few things that we have talked about or she has done that I want to always remember so that is what the rest of this post will be.
* At the moment Claire's dream job when she grows up is being a "farm girl". She recently told me that she will have a barn with horses, cows, sheep, and bunnies in it and that there will be three dogs and kittens there too. She also asked me where she can meet a farm boy to marry to which I replied I was not quite sure but that we could brainstorm for the next twenty or so years and then she can find her special farm boy.
* Speaking of farm life she is still very obsessed with all things animal related. She likes to act like a cat or dog sporadically throughout the day. This girl has an amazing imagination!
* Dress up is a staple at our house. She has even talked me in to putting on my wedding dress and another formal I have hanging in the closet to go to "The Ball" which is usually held in my bedroom. We twirl and leap and occasionally bring in our prince charmings (aka Allan and Jacob) to spin us around the room.
* While I got amped up to see Wicked a couple of months ago I started listening to the soundtrack which my dramatic daughter has fallen in love with. She can sing bits and pieces of all the songs but has Defying Gravity almost completely memorized and sings it with true passion. It is SO cute! After one of her performances on the stage (aka couch) she told me that she "just wants to sing and dance on a real stage when she isn't at her farm". More power to you my friend!
* She started a little tap/ballet class three weeks ago and is LOVING it!! She definitely has a mind of her own and refuses to believe me when I try and tell her where her feet are supposed to be in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd positions.
* This girl loves her treats! She asks for them non-stop and that kind of makes me crazy.
* She is hilarious and loves it when I ask her to tell me a story. She makes up absurd stories on the spot and I can't get enough of them. The voices she uses and faces she makes crack me up.
* Tomorrow is her last day of swimming lessons for the summer and the amount of improvement from day one is out of this world. On the first day she did not even want to go under water and she can now totally swim on her own. I am in awe of her.
* She has started calling me "mutter" when she really wants my attention and thinks it is hilarious when I respond with "yes daughter".
* She pronounces a few things in a special way that I know will change soon enough so I am just enjoying it for now.
-"Kink" instead of think
-Wrong pronouns "give THEY a drink" instead of them
* When it is time for our family to get in the car she says "Kavaliches mount up"
* I have taken her out for some girl time a few times this summer and I just love my time with her. She still tells me that I am her best friend and I hope that doesn't change anytime soon. She will lean over and say "I have a secret for you." This is almost always followed with her saying "I love you more everyday" in a whisper I can barely hear. It melts my heart every time.
There are so many more little things that make her so unique and so wonderful. She is a treasure for sure and I will never get enough of my sweet girl. I wish you could all know her the way I do, but I guess that is one of the special honors of being her mom and what an honor it is. I love you Claire Bear!!

3 comments:
So, so cute. I love that she calls you Mutter and I love the mount up comment. What a little nut. Just a thought: Luke could be her farm boy. Tonight at dinner he said (in a twangy drawl) that Claire is his girlfriend. So there ya go.
Emily, I know I've said this before, but that has got to be one of the sweetest mommy/daughter posts EVER! Love all the funny and sweet memories you are making with your girl.
LOVE this post! You'll be so glad you have documented all of these things someday!
Post a Comment