We decorated our Christmas tree as soon as Thanksgiving was over. I just LOVE the Christmas season and wish it lasted more than a month. This year we opted to put our tree in the office so it would be gated off from our littlest tornado. You will notice that Jacob is only in one picture from the decorating extravaganza since his first move was to throw a Christmas ball across the room. I think that decorating the tree was more fun than ever this year because Claire was so excited about it. She wanted to be told who each ornament belonged to and what the story was behind it.
We bought a new tree this year and our old star topper was too heavy for it so we got to make a new one with the supplies in the craft closet and it is just perfect.. Claire added rhinestones just to give it an extra sparkle. I am pretty sure this will be the star we use for a long time, it is so special to have something made by her little hands sitting on top of our tree.
Once the tree was decorated Allan got a great fire going and made some yummy hot chocolate. We all sat around the fire and talked about what we are excited about this holiday season and listened to Christmas music throwing in the occasional dance moves ;) It was really an almost perfect evening, it will be great when Jacob can join in on the fun without tearing down the tree...maybe next year. Can I just say that Claire's poses these days are cracking me up!



3 comments:
How sweet! And I am dying - LOVE Claire's boots! ;)
Love this post so much! The boots are priceless and I love the description of your family time with Claire even though Jakey got banned from the Christmas tree. :0)
The star we had on the tree when I was growing up was made from cardboard, a bathroom tissue roll and lots of glitter...from my parents' first Christmas when they had no money to buy ornaments. The star part was eventually "re-faced" with one one of us made as a child. That star has survived 41 years of marriage and 5 kids...yours will have the same great memories! :-)
Post a Comment