Sunday, November 18, 2007

A Bit About Last Week

This was taken after she realized we were gone, look a that sad little tear on her cheek


Allan and I hired our first nonfamily babysitter on Wednesday night for a date night. We found a fantastic girl at our church, her mom and my sister are good friends which is nice that we know a little more about her. I think that Claire did pretty well and it was so nice to have the peace of mind that she was being well cared for. Madeline told us that she didn't realize we were gone until about five minutes after the fact and she got pretty sad for a little bit, but with a little Wiggles therapy she bounced back. We look forward to using her services on a semi regular basis (until she gets too busy with sports and being social in high school).

She bounced back with flying colors and was as funny as ever


One of my neighbors asked me to watch her little guy the other day while she went to her daughter's school and then packed for a trip. It has been fun for Claire to start playing with all of the little friends that live on our street and I was honored that she would ask me to watch her son. I never really realized what a big deal that was until I became a mom. Trusting your child into someone else's care is a big deal indeed. Claire and Evan had fun playing chase, jumping on the ottoman, snacking on cheerios and then miraculously taking naps at the same time. I will say that Evan is one easygoing little man which made the day go so smoothly.


1 comment:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

She's our favorite babysitter too!