Thursday, November 8, 2007

Sad News

Some of you may remember that a few months ago I wrote about a two year old little boy named Jud that had been diagnosed with Krabbe disease. He passed away yesterday around lunch time. He was a very healthy and thriving boy in May. This disease is one of the most horrific things I have ever heard of. He lost every ounce of control in his body- his sight, his ability to speak, his ability to walk, even his ability to eat. The only thing that they know stayed in tact in his little body was his mind and spirit.
Jud the Stud is what his family called him and over the last few months I almost feel as if I got to know their family through their online journal and blog, their postings on You Tube, and the pictures they shared on their website. The Levshaff family is a family that I will admire for as long as I live, the faith and hope that held on to was beyond inspiring. I have prayed for them almost daily and I will continue. I know that he is in a better place, but that doesn't mean that his family isn't feeling a heartbreak that I desperately hope I never have to endure. If you think about them, please pray for them in this deeply sad time.

No comments: