
Happy Birthday Sara! Wow, you are really old now...I am glad that I will never be thirty one ; )
What can I say? I will try not too be too mushy, but I love my sister like crazy. She is near the top of my list of the greatest people I know. I love that I can be myself with her. She is someone that I can totally trust. I love that we can act like total idiots with each other. I love that other than Allan she is someone that I have really experienced life with. She is sincere, loving, funny, somewhat of a peacemaker within our family (although sometimes she causes more turmoil than needed, but it is always with a good heart), she is a fantastic sister and aunt, and she is my best friend.
It has been so great to watch the relationship build between Sara and my husband and daughter. Allan has not told many people in my family that he loves them, but Sara has recieved the honor. They even have little pet names for each other which is so funny. Sara is a great aunt to my Claire. I am so thankful that she makes the most of their time together. It is a little harder to be as good of aunts (as we were to Allie and Jack) now that we have kids of our own, but Sara has still been able to find a special place in Claire's heart.
Sara is so practically helpful. This is a trait that I REALLY wish I had, a trait that I admire more than I can express. There are so many stories of her putting others before herself. One of the times that stands out to me was when I was a little emotionally down and so she cleaered her schedule for the day took me to Dallas where she had rented a hotel room and had gotten our other sister to join us for a fun sisters time just to help me get my mind off of a crazy life situation. Another time she just suprised me with all new bedding that I had mentioned liking and she didn't have the money to do that. I could go on and on and on with times that she just made me smile and made my heart feel happy.
Happy Birthday Sara, I love you. I am thankful for you. I wish that I could be more like you. I wish that everyone could know you or at least be blessed enough to have someone like you in their life. I hope that this year is better than you could have ever imagined.
2 comments:
The grose pic and the sweet tribute to your youngest sister just, somehow, do not match... well... unless those are sweet pickles in her nose... I guess. hmmmmm... was that your thought?
Well, if you could "go on and on", then why don't you??? =) Just kidding...Thank you so much for the very sweet post. I love our friendship! I don't think about where we came from (as far as our relationship) very often, but when I do, it STILL blows me away!!! I LOVE YOU!!!! And, yes, it IS a LOVELY picture...very appropriate for one's 31st birthday! =)
Post a Comment