On Friday night my mom came into town and kept Claire while Allan and I went to his company party. We had such a great time. It was so nice to be without our daughter for more than an hour or two. We got all dressed up, ate great food, and danced our hearts out. It is always nice to find a way to reconnect with your hubby on a nonparent level.
I have to tell a couple of funny stories from the evening...at one point the DJ put on a great song "Time of My Life" from Dirty Dancing and as all girls know there is a lift that happens in the choreography, well my sweet hubby decided to recreate this scene. I was shocked and a bit embarrassed when he lifted me above his head, but I thought it was so fun. He also spun me into a cement pole accidentally. Another (kind of) funny thing that happened to me was an encounter in the bathroom. I was the only stay at home mom at the entire party, everyone else is either childless or working moms. Anyway, when I took a potty break from the dance floor there were two girls in there that are a couple years younger than me and are in the childless category. They just kept going on and on about how cute Allan and I were and that they thought it was SO cute that we were laughing and dancing and that we had a baby. I had to tell them that your entire life doesn't totally end when you have a kid and that you definately don't forget to dance. I guess since I live in the world of stay at home mommies out in the suburbs I forget what a rare and interesting world it is. I had to laugh that they thought I was so cute...I mean I am twenty eight for crying out loud.
7 comments:
Looks like a great time!
You guys look great...and way to go on recreating the scene from Dirty Dancing! We just won't mention the part about running you in to a cement pole! :)
So fun - and cute top!!!!!!
those are fun pictures!! you looked really cute em! glad you guys had a good time with each other :)
I love that you and Allan could get away for a few hours to enjoy each other and have such a fun time with his co-worker friends. I LOVED playing with Claire Alyse too. She is such a little doll! Her happy smile is contagious. I miss her already.
so fun! live it up girl-especially now that you are done breastfeeding if you know what i mean!
Looks like you old farts had a good time! Glad you can still enjoy life at your age, and with a baby no less! ;)
Post a Comment