Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Happy Birthday Amy!!!


Well today is my sister Amy's birthday...so "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!"


Amy has been my sister for over twenty eight years which has been great. I would say that she has become a true friend over the last ten or so years which has been even more great. We are just over five years apart and although I don't have a ton of memories of her from our childhood I do remember always looking up to her. She got married when I was still in junior high and moved away. I remember loving to visit her and Corey throughout the rest of my school years I would spend spring break with them almost every year and usually come and visit during the summer too. Amy had Allie my senior year of high school and that was one of the greatest gifts she ever gave me. I loved becoming an aunt, Allie is still very special to me.

I never thought that we had a ton in common when I was younger because she was so mature and let's just say I wasn't for a long time. That feeling has long since passed though. Amy has been involved in some of the most significant moments in my life. She helped Allan plan our engagment, she was one of the matrons of honor at my wedding, she was even in the delivery room just seconds after Claire was born to take pictures, she then was at my side as the doctors fought to keep me alive and then save my ability to have more children, I even threw up on her, not many have had that pleasure ;) Another amazing moment we have shared was in the OR after Cooper was born. I was honored to be in the room to video and when he had to be taken to the NICU I was able to sit with her until they wheeled her into recovery since Corey went with Coop. We have shared so much and I can't think of anyone that would have done better at sharing those moments with me. I love that we live so close. It has been great having my sister just a few minutes away. I look forward to many more memories as time continues to pass by at what sometimes feels like warp speed.

I love you sister, happy birthday!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love you too! Thanks for the super-sweet post! I am honored that I got to be a part of all of those special moments in your life (even the getting thrown up on!). And, I am so very glad that you have been there for me in all of my life's ups and downs too! I love you like crazy!

And... oh my goodness, we need a new photo together.

Emily said...

I know I searched through all my photos of one that was of just the two of us and this is all I could come up with, how sad is that.