Thursday, December 20, 2007

So Blessed

I can fall into pity parties at times and that is a quality that frustrates me. Over the last week Claire has been sick and so have I. Claire has also been a lot more clingy with me and wants to be on my hip pretty much all the time. I have started complaining a little more about all this, but today I kind of had a get over it moment.
I am SO blessed to have a baby girl to hold and love on. A daughter that is healthy and loves me. A daughter that thinks I hung the moon.
There are so many people out there that are hurting because they have lost a child whether it be through a miscarriage, unfortunate circumstances, or some other horrendous illness. I am still keeping up with the family of Jud (the little boy that died last month after a five month battle with Krabbe) and as I read her online journal today I sat here with tears streaming down my face thinking what a fool I have been to waste any of these moments with Claire complaining about how hard being a mommy is.
I know that I do have a right to my emotions and that sometimes it is just plain hard to do this job. But what I need to do is feel the emotion for a little bit and then get over it. I know this is going to be easier said than done, but hey I am an infinished project and all I can do is take tiny steps to improve.
Well, I am off to go cuddle my baby girl again and this time instead of thinking why does she only want me to hold her I will be thinking that God I have the opportunity to hold her.

3 comments:

Amy said...

It is hard to remember how truly blessed we are sometimes. That is one of the only good things that I think is born of tradgedy and sadness. Perspective.

It was good to snuggle your little bundle of joy today. I've missed her!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

It's good for all of us to have that perspective ... I have that reminder often too and I need it. We're so blessed to be moms but it's easy to forget in the grunge moments. :)

krista said...

good perspective. i am working on that too...being a momma is a blessing! i hope claire is feeling better soon!