There is a blog that I love to read and she just recently wrote one of the best posts on this VERY important election that is upon us. She is a Republican (as am I), an educated Republican. I have read a lot of people's opinions and listened to a lot of opinions about McCain and Obama over the last few months and this is one of the best posts I have seen. It doesn't bash Obama (in fact his name is never mentioned) and it doesn't try to make claims that McCain is perfect. Please take some time to read this post whether you are a Democrat, Republican, or Independent.
http://occasionallyfunny.blogspot.com/2008/10/get-out-and-vote.html
I voted yesterday and I hope that you will vote too. This seems to be one of the most important elections of my lifetime. I am not sure if I feel that way because I think more long term now that I have a kiddo that will have to live with the repercussions of our choices or just because I am getting older.
2 comments:
I read her post and could definitely relate. Glad you voted Em. This is such an important election.
I enjoyed the link you provided, Emily! Our pastor said something yesterday that really resonated with me. He said, "Make sure you all go and vote on Tuesday. Then on Wednesday, no matter what, God is STILL soverign!"
Post a Comment