Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

Today was our Pumpkin Patch playgroup.  Even though Claire was not up for posed pictures we were able to have a good time.  She even brought a "pumpkin pie" (her word for a small pumpkin) home with her since we crashed The Village playgroup on their hayride.  I love watching Claire interact with her playgroup buddies.  It has been a year since we began getting together every other week and I really enjoy the time I get with these great moms and great kids for Claire to spend time with.  Here a few pics from the morning...


Cooper and Claire on the hay ride today.  They were so cute holding hands.  They wanted to be sure that the driver wasn't going too fast and that the tractor wouldn't be too loud.  Once we got started Cooper announced "this is fun" and Claire followed "it's safe"  too cute.  I love that they get to spend so much time together!
Claire and "Lukey" showing each other their pumpkins.  
Claire running throught the pumpkins in her pony rainboots.  She was not remotely interested in posing for pictures today.  I would ask her to sit on a pumpkin and she would say "um, no" very sweetly usually.  It kind of cracked me up.
Hanging out on "the turner" (that was Randi's name for it).  This was a highlight for all the kids.
The Dukes and Claire in the pumpkin bounce house.  I love that Luke still has on his firetruck boots.  I honestly don't think that I have ever seen him with out them on in the last year of being his friend.
Claire heading into the hay maze alone.  This pretty much made my nerves stand on end.  I could hardly handle not knowing where my little girl was.  She was too short for me to see her head.  I learned my lesson, Claire will not be going back into a maze without a tall person for a very long time.

6 comments:

SuperMom said...

I wish Waco had a fun pumpkin patch like that!

Jen said...

That looks like so much fun...I love her boots!! Is there a story to go along with that crazy maze or was Claire going in there by herself enough to never have you do that again? I don't blame you!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That was fun!!

Jenny said...

I know... that maze make me nervous even with my 6 & 4 year old! You pics turned out so cute. Looks like Claire had a blast!

Mama Jeannie said...

Loved the pics and loved that you all had such a fun day at the Pumpkin Patch. Did something scary happen to Claire in the maze? Kinda made my heart jump to think about her being scared in there. Hopefully, you just decided it wasn't a good idea for the future and nothing happened.

Kate said...

So cute...I love that she calls it "pumpkin pie"!