Thursday, December 11, 2008

Officially Moving On

Today marks the beginning of my 13th week of pregnancy, that means I have officially moved into my second trimester. I am really happy that the first one is over, it was not the most fun I have ever had. I think that I am pretty much over the sick part and that makes me and everyone who spends time with me much happier.

The highlights of my first trimester :
*finding out that I was finally pregnant
*watching Claire fall more in love with this baby everyday
*my tummy starting to grow
*hearing the baby's heartbeat
*seeing that there is in fact only ONE baby in there (although the size of my belly still makes me wonder every once in a while)
*starting to plan names and have little dreams for this baby

It is true that this pregnancy is going so much faster than my first one. I have not really had the chance to forget that I am pregnant because of the feeling sick part and the back issues I am having, but I don't have time to just focus on this pregnancy ALL THE TIME like I did with Claire. The reality of having another kiddo hits me like a ton of bricks sometimes, but it is never so overwhelming that I lose my excitement. I think I am most excited about Claire having a brother or sister to grow up with. I can't wait to live the chaos and fun that kiddos bring to life.

8 comments:

Mama Jeannie said...

You just make me smile Baby Doll. I'm glad you are feeling better and that Claire is so excited about her baby bro/sis too. She'll be a good Big Sister I believe. Actually, she'll probably think she's the mama. :0)

Unknown said...

hey emily- so glad to hear you are feeling better! there's nothing quite like that constant nausea. i know there is an end in sight but some days it's just rough! i loved the pic of your big belly. how fun! i guess they say with the second baby it just gets bigger faster. congrats again!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I'm so excited you're having another baby! I can't wait to see another cute Kav Kid.

Jenny said...

Emily- you are an amazing mom. This new Kav Kid is going to be so loved by all the Selkes and Kavalich clan. Congrats on the 13 week mark- huge milestone! Go celebrate!

Elyse said...

Claire will be an AWESOME big sister :) No matter boy or girl, she will be awesome :)
~Elyse~

Courtney said...

SO FAST, right? I feel like I'm flying through this pregnancy! Glad you're feeling better...I know that makes a huge difference...especially when you have another munchkin to chase after. Hope it all continues to go well!

Leanna said...

So glad you are over the 'hump.' And yes, Claire will be terrific as a big sis. But, let's give it up for Kav Kid #2 and what a great Baby bro/sis it will be!

Allison said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better! Yay for the 2nd trimester:)