A little bit ago Claire said she wanted to see the baby so I raised my shirt and she started her standard conversation with this little one (through my belly button of course). She said "Good morning baby (even though it was 8:45pm)! I love you so much!". She then stated that she was going to give the baby the "best hug" and while her head was squished against my tummy she said:
"The baby will be my best buddy forever" and followed that up with a kiss on the belly button. That is not a phrase we have ever used with her and my heart melted immediately. The love that she shows for this little one is so far beyond anything I could have hoped for. I am so blessed my my kids and the relationship they are building even before they see each other face to face.
After the sweet photo shoot I wanted to get a picture of my belly and Claire wanted to join in on the fun. Her pose cracks me up and obviously I am exaggerating my pose to match hers. This is going to be a fun six months!




7 comments:
Adorable, simply adorable :)
~Elyse~
That is so neat that she gets it AND is so excited. I'm not sure that Clinton gets it...and if he does, I'm worried because just about all my belly ever gets is head-butts. Occasionally, he leave his hand on my belly if the baby is moving...but then when it stops, he head-butts it again!
Claire is going to make such a great big sister!
She is the sweetest little thing!! I think that it must be a boy. Courtney calls Garrett her best buddy. ;)
She is such a sweetie! I love how she loves the little one!
You girls are awesome! And I love the birdy shirt!
Awwwwww... how sweet it that for Pete's sake?! I love you girls and 'little bit' too.
So cute!! It's amazing to have one baby but there's something so special about having another one and watching the sibling experience.
Post a Comment