Allan, Claire, and I just got back from our Merry Thanksgiving in California. We celebrated Thanksgiving and Christmas with Allan's side of the family while we were there and we had a great time. There was lots of relaxing, eating, and entertainment from the kiddos. The only thing missing was the sweet potatoes at dinner. Allan's parents are always such generous and gracious hosts to the chaos that we all bring with us. I unfortunately was terrible at picture taking this time around. We went up to the mountains for family pictures (see previous post), got a babysitter for all the kids one night so we could go celebrate our brother in laws birthday, Allan got a bit of golf in, we went and met our close friends new baby girl who is so sweet, and only one child made a trip to the ER (Anna cut her finger and all the kids got a good lesson on scissors being dangerous). It is always nice to spend time with family and it is always nice to get back home and start living normal life. We will miss the Kav clan at Christmas, but are looking forward to making memories with my side of the family.
I had two highlights of the trip- Claire's friendships that she is forming with her cousins and receiving a very sentimental gift for the second time from my in laws (I will post more on that later).


3 comments:
Love the napkin rings - are they handmade or store-bought? Glad you had fun!
Glad to have you back. =)
You guys take some great pics! What a beautiful family! So glad you had a great Thanksgiving! Matt and I are looking forward to a Redlands Christmas this year! Too bad our holidays didn't coincide!
Post a Comment