
My lovely niece Allie is turning eleven years old today, but not until 6:18 pm she has informed me. This girl is one of the greatest people in my life. She is so special to me. I can hardly believe that it has been eleven years since that Thursday early morning phone call my senior year of high school when we found out that her mom, Amy, was in labor. I remember driving to Dallas to the hospital and watching Amy go through labor, it was so sad to see her in so much pain. I remember standing at the door of the delivery room waiting to hear that first sweet cry, it seemed to take forever, but once I heard it I began to cry too. Allie is my first niece and I feel like we have a special bond. I spent many years giving her all the love I had to offer to a kiddo. I even shared a room with her for a few months when she was three. I wish that we still had opportunities to just hang out, but since I had a baby girl of my own those times are fewer and farther between. It has been such an honor to watch her grow into such an amazing young woman. She is beautiful and helpful and hilarious. I love you Allie Cat!!! Happy Birthday!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment