Wednesday, October 17, 2007

One For The Record Books

Holy Toledo!!!! Last night my baby girl fell asleep around 6:15 on our way home from Target. I thought since she had only napped for all of twenty minutes all day I would let her nap for about thirty minutes and then wake her up so we didn't have the longest night ever. She slept in her carseat while we unloaded the car and I cleaned out all the trash, clothes, shoes, etc. that had found a home in the van. Then I picked her up and she stayed crashed out on my shoulder (which she never does by the way). I went in and sat on the couch while Allan put away the groceries, he even turned on the TV and she still slept. I decided that I would go ahead and take her to bed and let fate decide if it was truly bedtime. She did kind of wake up- enough for me to change her diaper and put her pajamas on then she crashed about ten minutes later. I was totally shocked that she slept through the night.
This may not seem like that big of a deal to most of you, but for those of you who know my baby's sleeping habits (or the lack thereof) this was nothing short of a miracle. I would like to report that I spent the rest of the evening cleaning and catching up with my hubby and doing all the other things on my ever growing to do list, but alas I spent it laying on the couch watching The Biggest Loser and then going to bed early as well.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, I am so glad you got to veg!!! You deserved that. I hope that happens more often!!! Way to go, Claire!!!

Mama Jeannie said...

WOO-HOOOOOO!!!!!! YEA Claire! I know you guys must be so relieved about this breakthrough in said sleep habits. We watch the Biggest Loser too Em. So sad that Phil got sent home. )0: He was the hardests worker of all I thought. Good strategy for the 'blue' team though, huh? I'm so excited that Claire is sleeping all night!

Leanna said...

Wow, what did you put in her sippy cup? Here's to many more "sleepy" nights!