Thursday, October 4, 2007

Love and Respect


Allan and I have started a small group at our church and it is going through the book Love and Respect (only we don't have to read, we get to watch the funny author, Emmerson Eggerichs, talk at a convention on a DVD). We are only two sessions in, but I can tell that it is going to be great. Initially we wanted to join a small group to make friends and I don't think that is really going to happen in this group, but I think that we are going to get so much more out of it- a greater understanding of each other. Just last night the E.E. was talking about the difference in men and women and how we have to decode each other and Allan had a "A HA!" moment. It was so funny, he leaned over and said "is that how you feel?" I said "uh yeah" and he was shocked. You see when we first started getting to know each other he tald me that he doesn't get girls, so if I needed him to understand me I was going to have to be pretty black and white with him. That is not how I am made, although I try really hard. There are times when I need him to figure me out though. Anyway, I am so happy we are doing this together. I think we both have a lot to learn. I am also so glad that we are taking this opportunity so early in our marriage. Most of the couples in our group have been married many many more years than us. Maybe we can figure out how to stay out of the "crazy cycle" from here on out and save ourselves a lot of grief.

1 comment:

Tressa said...

As long as you guys make God the center, you will do just fine.
And I blushed when I saw your picture kissing. You two are ADORABLE together!!