Tuesday, November 6, 2007

It Could Be Worse...

I was checking out at Target this evening when I heard a lady screaming. When I saw her I realized it was one of my neighbors. She was running with her 16 month old son and yelling for her other two boys to hurry up. I grabbed Claire and ran towards her, she was crying and saying that her baby was having a seizure and his medicine was at her house. I told her that I would get her boys and bring them to her house, she immediately took off running. I finished checking out and got her boys and Claire loaded up adn we were off. When we got to their house a firetruck and ambulance were out front there was already another neighbor there to pick the boys up, Allan took Claire, and I went into their home to let her know that the other boys were fine. The medicine that she had given her baby totally knocked him out, he was just limp in her arms. I almost started crying just thinking what she must be going through. Did I mention that her husband is out of town and she is having to make all these decisions alone?!?!

After I got home and started processing I just thought oh my goodness I thought that Claire's fever and lack of sleep was hard to handle...it could be so much worse. I am so thankful that we have never had to deal with anything so traumatic and I pray that we never do.

As for the little guy please pray for him (his name is Jameson). He had a massive seizure in July and spent four days in the hospital having many tests run and the doctors could not figure anything out. They have been to a couple of neurologists and again there is no "reason" for these episodes so they don't even know how to treat him. This is so frustrating to the parents as you can imagine. They need wisdom in what to do for their son and he needs to never go through this again.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my goodness that is terrible! How scary for all of you! I am glad that you were there to help your neighbor.

I know! Isn't it weird how other people's lives can give ours such perspective?

I'll be praying for Jameson... and Claire.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

How awful. That was a real blessing that you were there to help her at Target. I can't imagine how scary that would be to see your child like that.

Mama Jeannie said...

Oh Emily! Praise God He knew just what your neighbor would need at that specific time and had you right there to love and take care of her children and to give encouragement and prayer to her. I will certainly be praying for little Jameson, for his parents and their whole family. You are such a blessing Emily to your whole neighborhood... and to me too. I will continue to pray for Claire. In fact, a few minutes ago I so much wanted to call you to ask how Claire is doing today, but didn't have your phone number handy. My cell phone is broken and I won't get my new one in for about five days. All my numbers are in it so I am cellurlarly lost. I agree with Amy; how life around us somtimes puts our own lives in perspcective. I think I'll write my blessing list in my next blog entry. Lord, please cover Jameson and his family with your love today; give them and their doctors wisdom and specific ways to diagnose and treat these symptoms. I pray that Jameson will not have any lasting effects or disabilities from the seizures and will be totally and completely healed and made whole. In Jesus name!

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh - Emily, you were in Target at that time for a reason!!! And you were able to think clearly enough to offer to take her other kids! What a blessing for that family you were!!!

Leanna said...

Seems the Lord uses us in everyday places, like Target. Way to be a comfort for your neighbor and her boys. Blessings and comfort for Jameson and ClaireBear.