We joined Lifetime Fitness a few months ago and were super gung-ho in the beginning and then life happened (sick baby, sick mama, travel, etc.). We have been trying to get back in the groove, but it hasn't gone as Allan would hope. I need structure to get me in the gym and so I had the grand idea to start going to a class. One of my neighbors is wanting to get back in the gym too so we thought it would be fun to go to a clas together when she gets home from work. We looked over the schedule and decided that the one that sounded the most fun was called Latin Fusion and it meets on Monday evenings. Well, yesterday was supposed to be our first class, but she had to cancel at the last minute. I decided that I would still go up there, but just do the treadmill and whatnot, I didn't want to do the class alone. At the last minute Allan decided to be my knoght in shining armor and go to the class with me since I was really looking forward to it, but I was too chicken to go by myself.
When we were dropping Claire off in the nursery the worker asked where we would be adn Allan proudly said "Latin Fusion". The girl paused and said "Are you really going to go to that? I mean it is a fun class." That should have been a sign. We got to the class and Allan was definately the only guy for most of the time, another guy came in for awhile but didn't make it all the way through. The rest of the class was a pretty good mix of old women to teenage girls. The class was a lot of latin dances (aka pelvic thrusting) it ended with belly dancing so as you can imagine (or maybe you don't want to) it was hard to keep a straight face with Allan beside me.
He was a trooper for sticking it out for an entire hour, but I think that was the last time he will make in to Latin Fusion. I think I will wait and do it one more time with my neighbor friend and then I may see see if she is up for finding a more "real workout" not just a fun one. I am not even a little bit sore today so I think there may be better things to help get my body in shape.
5 comments:
I'm not kidding... I would have paid money to see Allan do that class!
LOL...wow. I would've paid to see that too. I am impressed that he stayed the whole time :) That was a good story :)
That is HILARIOUS - I was literally laughing so hard while I read this. I wish I could have been there to see that!
Well good grief! I laughed while I was reading, after, and am still laughing. Could y'all please give us a demonstration at Thanksgiving or something? Can you imagine seeing 'a fly on the wall'; falling to the floor with rolls of laughter during that class? If only there had been a video camera!
HYSTERICAL!!!
Post a Comment