Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007


Well we did it...we survived 22 people in two rooms eating one dead bird, one dead pig, and a whole lot of carbs. I actually really eanjoyed this holiday, even the chaos. There is almost nothing better than family get togethers. Claire seems to enjoy her cousins more and more every time we get together, it has been especially fun to see her and Asher play with each other. Another HUGE blessing of this trip was Claire actually slept well, this was the first time in her entire life that she slept through the night at my parents house. One thing that was special about this Thanksgiving is that we gor ro celebrate with my grandparents as well. They are usually not around on holidays, it was great to see them. My aunt and two of her boys were there too which was really nice too.
Allan and I decided to take turns giving each other down time without Claire Bear. He got to go hunting for the first time which I think he really enjoyed and he and my brother played a round of golf in the cold. I was able to go shopping with my sisters and the most exciting thing was seeing a movie. I will take this opportunity to HIGHLY RECOMMEND Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. This movie has such a great message, my favorite quote that I am going to try and live by is "your life is an occaision, rise to it", I got chills when he said this.

I hope that you all had a wonderful holiday. I would love to hear about your favorite memories as well.

1 comment:

krista said...

very good quote!! i thought that movie looked really fun. so glad you guys had a good thanksgiving and claire was such a good girl :) that makes it more fun! your hair looks super cute in that family picture...i like that picture of the 3 of you a lot! christmas card photo? :) i can't wait until the day i feel like i can do my hair and feel like a real person again...ha :)