Sunday, November 18, 2007

Traditions


We do not have a ton of traditions in our little family, we are working on it though. We decided that we would start a new one this year. We did a shoebox for Samaritan's Purse. We decided that we will let our kiddo(s) do one for a child that is their same sex and as close to their age range as possible. So last night we went to Target grabbed a box and started filling it with things for a little girl between the ages of 2 and 4. It was so fun to do this as a family and what better way to start the holiday season than giving to someone in need. Claire picked a tiny babydoll which she had a hard time parting with this morning, but that even makes it more special.
I truly desire to raise children that are compassionate, giving, full of joy, and just darn good people overall. I hope that adding this little tradition to our family will help accomplish this goal.

2 comments:

Leanna said...

What a cool lesson for Claire and a great tradition to start. But, do you really have your Christmas tree up!? =)

Jenny said...

I love that tradition. We started doing the same with the boys. Now, I look forward to shoebox Christmas each year. It's something you can easily do with Claire- I'm sure parting with the new toys is not so easy at this age, but that will change with time. Your Claire is just the cutest little girl ever!