Monday, December 3, 2007

Borrowed Christmas Questions

I could not resist sharing another picture from the spectacular holiday vests. I hope that you will take the time to appreciate all the intricate details and enjoy them as much as we did...haha!

I have seen this on a couple of blogs and thought it was fun. I pretty much think anything containing the word christmas is fun, I am a total kid when it comes to this season.


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial

3. When do you put up the tree? Right after Thanksgiving

4. When do you take the tree down? I try to have it down by the first week of January
5. Do you like eggnog? No

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I would have to say that there is a close tie between the cat chalkboard and my black cabbage patch doll although I was a bit disappointed that the baby wasn't real I had hoped that my parents would some how figure out how to give me a black baby with lots of puffy hair
7. Do you have a nativity scene? I have one that Allan's parents brought back from Israel and one that is Little People for Claire to play with. I love them both.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Pretty much all the men in my family and/or Allan's enitre family. This is a hard one to answer with just one name.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Claire Alyse

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? One of my granny's old shirts and a huge leather vest to top it all off there was also a pair of huge underwear in the box as well. My Granny always gave "the best" gifts and they never were a joke which is the funny part.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail... emailing Christmas cards just seems wrong

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I think that Amy may be on to something...I am going with Elf

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? This year I started in the beginning of November but I will try to get better about looking for great deals throughout the year
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Popcorn Cake

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear

17. Favorite Christmas song? Baby It's Cold Outside or Silent Night

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I like the thought of staying home but we will travel to CA every other Christmas (although once Claire gets it we WILL be home on christmas morning and then head out to celebrate with family)

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Nope

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? I would like to start the PJ tradition, but for now presents are reserved for Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? I think that there is more traffic around my shops, but I will take it, I just LOVE this time of year.

23. What I love most about Christmas? Overall people are happier and more friendly, I love Christmas lights and cooler days, I love the way our house seems so much more cozy, I love Christmas music, I love going to the Christmas Eve service, I love starting traditions within my little family, there is so much to love!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Okay, I laughed so hard that I cried on the worst gift answer. I love Granny Gifts. I was just thinking about her today as I was unpacking a bit more of my Christmas decorations and saw a box from her treasures. I miss her today, so that is great that you brought her up... and even greater that you made me laugh my head off.

Mama Jeannie said...

I will have to say that every time I have checked your blog the last two days; I've laughed out loud at the picture of you and Allan with those gaudy vests on. HILARIOUS!!! The Granny gift memory was too I'll have to agree. Hmmmm... wonder who will get the blue plastic house shoes this year? :0)

Amanda said...

I love the Christmas vests, and not as in I-love-them-and-want-to-wear-them-in-public kind of a way. Though I kind of do because they're crazy like that. I'm just trying to think of a reason I could own some for my family and a place we could go where people would realize we weren't serious. Hmmm...