Monday, April 14, 2008

Fantastic Few Days!!



Allan and I used to pride ourselves in being fun and that is something we have missed since moving back to Texas and having a baby. I guess you could say that we tried to make up for lost time over the last four days. We spent time with new friends and old friends, as a little family, and just as a couple. It was a fantastic few days!!


Thursday we went to eat at Babe's in Carollton with some of our newest friends Mike, Emily, and baby Ava. The food was delicious and we really enjoyed hanging out and getting to know this sweet family!







On Friday we met some of our closest friends, Sarah and Karl, for a night at the Ballpark. The Rangers lost, but the time we got to spend catching up without our kids in tow was fantastic. We are going to be SO sad to see these sweet friends move away in a few months (bit that is whole different post). We will just try and make the most of the time we have with them close and not think too far into the future.





On Saturday Allan and I headed to Six Flags Over Texas to spend a few hours just having some fun one on one time. Thank you Sarah and Karl for watching Claire while we had a few thrills!!! The weather was perfect and the lines were not too long which was nice. After we picked up Claire we headed back to Flower Mound and bought a seat for the back of my new bike and we ended up getting Allan a bike as well. We are quite the threesome wheeling around the neighborhood. We went on our inagural ride which was pretty fun and exhausting. I had no idea how out of shape I was until I tried to make it up a large hill (I will blame some of it on the fact that my bike has an extra thirty pounds with Claire sitting on the back in her comfy seat). I think that the bike riding thing is going to be one of my new favorite activities. I am sure that I will post a picture or two of me and my girl in the near future, we make quite the pair.

On Sunday we hung out with our favorite neighbors, Mike, Stephanie, Julia, and Amelia. They invited us to go on a hike down at Lake Grapevine and then we had a cookout at their house. We had so much fun and were so happy to be introduced to another fun activity that is nearby, outdoors, and free (three of our favorite things). Claire and Julia did a great job "hiking" and they really LOVED throwing sticks and rocks into lake.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Funny how life with kids can be so different from life without them, huh? Glad you found a way to have some fun like the good ol' days... and some fun as a little family too! (Love the cute Claire pictures!)

Mama Jeannie said...

How fun to hear about all your fun this last week Em. I'm so glad you had some friend, fam., and one on one time with your Allan too. Loved the pics and I'm sad that Karl and Sarah are leaving! Maybe they'll move back really quick. :0)

Leanna said...

Wowzers, you guys know how to pack in the fun. One of may favorite things about you...always ready for an adventure!

Anonymous said...

So cute, it looks like ya'll had a fun weekend! I was also at that Rangers game:)