Monday, May 12, 2008

Goodbye Bailey Girl


Bailey is Allan's dog- Allan's dog that always lived with his parents. When I first met Bailey I thought that the way they treated this dog, like she was nearly human, was odd. After knowing Bailey for five years I would say that she actually was almost human and definitely a part of the Kavalich family. Everyone who met Bailey loved her, she was a fantastic dog!!!
Sadly over the last month Bailey has become pretty sick and Allan's parents had to make the hard decision to send her off to "doggy heaven" today. I am so thankful that we got to spend some time with her this last weekend. We were pretty sure that this was our last time to see her so we took some pictures of Allan saying goodbye to Bailey girl yesterday. This is an especially sad day for Allan and my heart goes out to him more than ever today!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

krista said...

This made me cry :( I am so sad for Allan...
Gig called my mom this morning for a carpet cleaning appt and told her. I was so sad when I heard...and then I saw these pictures and it broke my heart.
Give Allan a hug from us!

Amy said...

So sorry Allan! I know you loved Bailey a ton!

Amanda said...

:( So sad. There's something about a boy and his dog. How sweet to have pictures...

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Poor Allan. Losing a dog is so hard. I'm glad you have those photos.

Jenny said...

oh, my heart goes out to him. Although I am not fond of my current dog, I loved my Pugsy like she was my child. When she died I was just broken.

Corrie said...

Awh. Losing a pet is so so so difficult! Our dogs are like our family too. I'm glad Allan got to spend some good time with Bailey before she passed away!

Sara said...

I've got tears in my eyes. I feel so sad for Bil and his family. Tell him I'm so sorry.

Mama Jeannie said...

Allan, I know your heart is hurting right now and I'm so sorry. May God give you and your family a special hug today. Beautiful pictures of you and Bailey. I too have tears in my eyes as I write this. Love you.

In His Grip said...

I am so sorry.