Our First HomeAllan, Claire, and I are heading to California this weekend to spend time with his family and some of our friends. We are so glad that Allan has his dream job working in the airline industry and we know that we are where God wants us to be. I am usually so happy to be living in Texas close to my family, but sometimes we wish that we still lived in our cozy condo in Mission Viejo, CA. We had some great friends while we were there (even though it was only for a year). The memories we have from our first year of marriage are some of the fondest we will ever have as we grow old together. Of course there were some struggles, but for the most part everything was as perfect as life can be.
DJ and Jen at our final dinner party before we moved to Texas
Ben and Krista at our final dinner party before we moved to TexasWe are so excited to go back. It is a good thing that Allan's family is still out there so we have a good reason to head west when our hearts are being tugged to revisit our old life. I doubt that we will ever actually live there again, but for some reason it will always feel a little like home. We just have some really great memories of our time pre kids in California.

hanging with the girls on Lake Mission Viejo...good times!

Allan and the boys doing a little fishing
5 comments:
That looks like fun ... I hope you have a great time this weekend!
Have a good time!
Emily, I know you and Allan are going to have so much fun. I hope Claire and her new little friend hit it off as well. Maybe Ben and Krista's kids will be a lifelong friends for your kids as well. Who knows? Anyway, God bless your journey this weekend and give the Kavalich clan a hug for me.
Have fun. And I love the old pictures where the girls are on the nice boat and the guys are crammed on a little dingy. Girls Rule! =)
ahhhhhh those were the days!!!
i can't wait to see you guys!! yay! i just got your msg but it is too late to call now. i will email you.
Post a Comment